Thursday, March 1, 2007

Beyond the Message: Best Sex Ever - Pt. 4

Hey students... let me just start off by thanking the ones of you that have given me feedback on this series. I always appreciate your comments! Remember you can post them here or just email me: todd@wildwoodstudents.com. I want to hear from you!

Last night I just wanted to give you straight talk from God's Word about sex. Remember, the premise has been that there is alot of confusion surrounding this topic. And I realize you are getting bombarded with messages from the world that glamorizes sex and makes sex outside of marriage appear normal. Which, by the way, is another reason to guard what you are watching on TV & the movies. Eventually the cultural fakes for intimacy will take root in your life if you keep filling your life with them.

Intimacy... it is what we all desire. To be known and fully loved is the greatest need every human being has. Because society pushes sex as the foundation for any relationship - intimacy has been devalued. And when intimacy is devalued your relationships will suffer. So don't buy into the lie that sex is just some recreational activity that is separate from a close, personal relationship. Remember God's equation: 1+1=1 for the rest of your life!

So let me summarize what I talked about last night. We all crave intimacy but the culture cannot provide it. So it offers fakes. It says sex outside of marriage? Go for it. It says, same sex? Whatever you want. Fantasy filled life? No big deal. But those are fakes. The end result for you and I is it leaves us empty and it leaves us hurting if we follow those things. God’s plan is the better plan. God’s plan is for your best.

And you have to start by realizing the intimacy that your soul craves can only be found in a relationship with God. He created you with a God-shaped hole in your life that can only be filled by Him! The world will offer you all kinds of things to try to fit in that hole, but none of them will fit - none of what the world offers can meet your need! God stays ready to offer that love to you. Remember these words that Paul prayed in Ephesians, "And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ; though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God” (Eph. 3:17-19).

When you understand and receive that love... when you find the intimacy that your soul desires, it calls you to commitment! And I challenge you to express your commitment to God. I could go something like this: "God, I’m going to pursue your best in the area of my sexuality. I’m going to trust you that your love will fulfill my deepest longings. I’m going to recognize that what you have planned for me is good and I want that.”

Let me leave you with these words to think about today: "I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice – the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is" (Romans 12:1-2).

No comments: