Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kulauqa: Day 3

It's hard to believe that we are already halfway through our week here at middle school camp. We are really having a great time here as a student ministry - learning to love God and love each other. I'm really encouraged by this group of middle school students... even though we do have our 'moments'... it's a really neat group that I pray will serve as the core of our ms ministry as we move toward the new school year.

Camp is a great place. Yesterday we were challenged in so many different ways - from our chapel time in the morning and evening, our interactives and even our time alone with God. Our staff have been praying that God would speak clearly this week to our students and that they in turn would hear from Him and be changed.

We had a blast yesterday hanging out a camp and participating in everything from go karts, to horseback riding, to the blob and even the waterpark. I had a special treat in having my family drive over to see me and hang out with our students. I cherish every moment I've got since I spent most of my summer away from Tallahassee and my family!

We had some great representation from Wildwood in the dodgeball tournament as two of our teams advanced pretty far, but not quite enough to bring home the championship. Then for our late night activity we had church hang night so we took over the gym for more dodgeball, some hoops and some hanging out.

Thanks for checking in and for praying for us. Thursday will be our last full day at camp so we are trying to get it all in!

No comments: