Friday, July 11, 2008

Elevate :: Day 6

I am writing this post from home... which is a weird place that I won't see much over the next month! How do I summarize our week at HS Camp? This is going to be difficult!

As most of you know, we had an eventful final day - mainly due to our bus breakdown in Atlanta, but before we even loaded the bus we had our final chapel session on the overlook. It was a beautiful morning with a cool breeze and some morning fog hanging on the mountain. We joined in some acoustic worship with Wayne and then Tim wrapped up the week with a great parallel from Henry VIII to Christ and His Kingdom. He engaged us in a little reenactment that was really moving. It is awesome to think of Christ as our King who desires our allegiance as we see His Kingdom come.

Our delay in Atlanta was really a blessing from God, in that the air pressure leak happened right when we were exiting in Buckhead for lunch. Praise God it wasn't on the side of 75 in downtown!

HS camp was a powerful time in my life and I pray for our students as well. I was able to personally see the evidence of the Spirit calling students, changing students and challenging us all to surrender our allegiance and lives to our King! I am so grateful to serve a church that values students and provides us opportunities to go to camp. There is something about getting away and getting out of the 'world' to a degree. The symbolism of being on the mountain - just like Jesus often withdrew to the mountain - was felt in all of our hearts as we had a great taste of His Kingdom and didn't want to leave. But we leave knowing that He is with us and that we can all personally withdrawal to the mountain to maintain a strong connection to our King.

I'm so honored to have the privilege to just love our hs students and have such a great staff team. Again, it was a powerful week and we praise God for revealing Himself and moving among all of us! Let me wrap up the week by sharing the lyrics of a song we sang this week...

INSIDE OUT

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out

No comments: